The purpose of Sappho Women and the International Eressos Women’s Festival is multifaceted. First and foremost, we strive to create a safe and nurturing space in the picturesque village of Skala Eressos, where women from all corners of the world can gather and connect. Our festival is designed to be a celebration of diversity, love, and the unique qualities that make women remarkable.
Through an array of engaging activities, events, workshops, shows, and concerts, we aim to empower women and foster a sense of belonging. We believe in the transformative power of shared experiences, and our festival serves as a platform for women to explore their identities, find inspiration, and strengthen their bonds with one another.
In addition to empowering women, we are committed to supporting the local community and businesses in Skala Eressos. By extending the summer season and attracting visitors from near and far, our festival contributes to the economic growth and vitality of the area.
Furthermore, we actively seek to establish connections and collaborations with other communities and like-minded groups that share our vision of promoting the well-being and equality of women, as well as the LGBTQI+ community. Through these partnerships, we aim to amplify our impact and create lasting change on a broader scale.
In summary, the purpose of Sappho Women and the International Eressos Women’s Festival is to provide a safe, inclusive, and empowering space for women to come together, celebrate their diversity, and forge meaningful connections. We are dedicated to supporting the local community, fostering collaborations, and advocating for the well-being and equality of women and the LGBTQI+ community.
The International Eressos Women’s Festival has been an annual celebration since its establishment in 2000. This year, in 2024, we are excited to announce that the festival will take place from the 10th to the 20th of September, spanning approximately 10 days of vibrant and empowering experiences.
During the festival, participants can expect a rich and diverse program featuring a wide range of activities, events, workshops, performances, and opportunities for connection and empowerment. From thought-provoking discussions and engaging workshops to captivating performances and inspiring exhibitions, there is something for everyone to enjoy and be a part of.
Whether you’re seeking personal growth, artistic expression, community engagement, or simply a joyful celebration of womanhood, the International Eressos Women’s Festival offers a unique and inclusive space where women from around the world can come together, share experiences, and create lasting memories.
Mark your calendars for this unforgettable event and join us in Skala Eressos as we celebrate the power, resilience, and beauty of women. We look forward to welcoming you to an extraordinary festival experience filled with inspiration, connection, and empowerment.
The International Eressos Women’s Festival takes place in the picturesque village of Skala Eressos, nestled on the corner of the Aegean Sea. This charming location provides a scenic backdrop for the festival, offering a serene and inviting atmosphere for participants to enjoy.
If you’re seeking accommodation options during the festival, we recommend reaching out to the local travel agency, Sappho Travel. They specialize in providing travel and accommodation services in the area and can assist you in finding suitable options based on your preferences and budget.
To inquire about available accommodations and rates, you can contact Sappho Travel via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Their knowledgeable team will be happy to assist you in making arrangements that meet your needs, ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable stay during the festival in Skala Eressos.
Immerse yourself in the beauty of the village and the warmth of the festival while Sappho Travel takes care of your accommodation needs, allowing you to fully embrace the experience of the International Eressos Women’s Festival.
What types of events and activities can I expect at the festival? Are they inclusive of different interests and age groups?
The International Eressos Women’s Festival offers an exciting array of events and activities that cater to diverse interests and age groups, ensuring there’s something for everyone to enjoy. From lively parties and live performances to captivating DJs and boat cruises, the festival sets the stage for unforgettable experiences.
Nature enthusiasts can embark on local nature walks, immersing themselves in the stunning surroundings of Skala Eressos. For those seeking creative inspiration, there’s a women’s art exhibition where talented artists showcase their works. Sports enthusiasts can engage in friendly competition through sports events like beach volleyball, while fitness enthusiasts can partake in yoga sessions, fitness training, and dance lessons.
Throughout the festival, participants can look forward to book launches, fostering an appreciation for literature and the written word. Daily swims to The Rock provide an opportunity to embrace the crystal-clear waters of the Aegean Sea and bask in the beauty of the surroundings.
The festival promotes inclusivity and diversity by welcoming women of all ages, fostering a strong sense of community and celebration. It is a platform for individuals to connect, share experiences, and forge lasting friendships.
Whether your passion lies in music, art, sports, wellness activities, or simply relaxing on the beach, the International Eressos Women’s Festival offers an enriching and vibrant experience that celebrates the spirit of women from around the world.
The International Eressos Women’s Festival has a primary goal: to unite women from around the world while celebrating their diverse talents and identities. We’ve created an inclusive and welcoming space where women from all backgrounds can actively engage in various activities and events designed to empower and connect them. Our commitment is to establish an environment that fully acknowledges and respects the wide spectrum of women’s experiences.
The festival programme is primarily intended for participants who identify as women, and certain events are exclusively for women attendees, offering a dedicated space to explore topics relevant to their journeys. While our central focus is on women who love women, we also value and recognise elements from the broader LGBTQI+ community. As part of our commitment to inclusivity, we honour and use gender-affirming pronouns for all participants.
This event celebrates women and their diverse identities, welcoming all individuals who identify as women, including cisgender women, transgender women, non-binary individuals who identify as women, Two-Spirit and genderqueer women, intersex women, and gender-fluid or gender-expansive individuals who identify as women.
We also extend a warm welcome to men, including cisgender men, transgender men, and other individuals identifying as men, who can attend select events as visitors to show their support.
To clarify, ‘participants’ refer to those actively engaging in festival activities and workshops, while ‘attendees’ encompass all individuals present at the festival, regardless of their level of involvement.
Our ultimate aim is to celebrate and respect the rich diversity within our community, fostering inclusivity and understanding. We are dedicated to providing a meaningful and empowering experience for all who attend the International Eressos Women’s Festival.
Absolutely! The International Eressos Women’s Festival is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes families. Although the festival doesn’t have specific activities or designated areas for children, we understand the importance of family participation.
We encourage parents to contact the organisers at Sappho Women to discuss their specific needs and explore options for their children’s involvement during the festival. The organisers are committed to accommodating families and can provide guidance on inclusive activities that align with individual interests and preferences.
By engaging in open dialogue, the festival organisers can work collaboratively with parents to ensure a memorable and enjoyable experience for everyone. Together, we can create a space where families feel valued and included, fostering a sense of community and celebration for all participants.
To access the events, you will need to purchase a wristband. By purchasing a wristband, you not only gain access to a wide range of events, but you also play a vital role in supporting the International Eressos Women’s Festival. This festival, organized by Sappho Women for over 20 years, operates as a non-profit organization, relying on the participation of volunteers and the collaboration with local businesses.
The wristbands offer incredible value, providing discounted access to performances, international DJs, parties, and a variety of other events. Your contribution through the wristband helps us bring together this annual celebration and continue its legacy.
When you enjoy the festival, you actively contribute to its success and ensure its continuation in the years to come. Your support not only enhances your own experience but also benefits the local community and businesses, fostering economic growth and sustainability.
To plan your festival experience, please refer to the events program calendar, which outlines the scheduled events from September 10th to September 20th, 2023. Explore the diverse offerings and embrace the spirit of togetherness, enjoyment, and support that defines the International Eressos Women’s Festival.
To obtain your festival wristband, please visit the Sappho Women Info Spot in Skala Eressos before the start of the events. We regret that we are unable to send wristbands to your address. Our wristbands are distributed locally only, and we are proud to be offering an eco-friendly fabric and bamboo ring version in 2023.
When collecting your wristband, please remember to bring a (digital) copy of your invoice or ticket voucher as it is necessary for the pick-up process. You will receive your invoice and ticket voucher via email after successfully completing the checkout procedure on the festival’s website.
Please note that wristbands are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged. Once you receive your wristband, it is essential to keep it on for the duration of the festival, as it is non-transferable and replacements will not be provided.
Before finalizing your purchase, we kindly ask you to review and agree to the festival’s Terms & Conditions. These guidelines ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for all participants.
We look forward to welcoming you to the International Eressos Women’s Festival and hope you have a memorable time celebrating with us.
We appreciate your enthusiasm to get involved in the International Eressos Women’s Festival! There are various ways you can participate:
- Performers: If you are a DJ, performer, musician, artist, or creative woman, you have the opportunity to showcase your talents in the performances and entertainment program. We carefully review participation proposals and potential venue opportunities upon individual request. Please note that fees and travel costs are generally not covered, although limited assistance with accommodation costs may be available.
- Spreading the Word: If you possess excellent writing skills, have a popular blog, or actively engage with the global lesbian community, you can contribute to raising awareness of the festival. Sappho Women is seeking individuals who can contribute articles or share ideas on promoting the event. If you have suggestions or wish to collaborate, please reach out to us.
To express your interest and discuss your participation request, please visit the contact page on our website or email us directly at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring how you can contribute to the success of the festival.
Are there any volunteer or sponsorship opportunities available for individuals or organisations who want to support the festival?
We are incredibly grateful for the support of volunteers and sponsors who contribute to the success of the International Eressos Women’s Festival.
- If you are interested in volunteering your time and skills to help make the event a memorable experience, please reach out to our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will provide you with more details about available volunteer positions and how you can get involved.
- Individuals, small businesses, and larger brands have the opportunity to participate as sponsors and advertisers, tailored to their specific preferences. They can advertise in the festival’s printed program, official posters, website, and newsletters. Sponsoring a performer, act, or key event also offers the chance to showcase their brand and support the festival.
To discuss sponsorship and advertising options or express your interest in supporting our causes, please visit the contact page on our website or email us directly at email@example.com. We are excited to explore potential partnerships and appreciate your contribution to the festival’s success.
To ensure you stay informed about the latest news, announcements, and updates regarding the International Eressos Women’s Festival, we encourage you to visit our official website at www.womensfestival.eu. On our website, you can explore detailed information about the festival, access the event calendar, and even sign up for our Newsletter. By subscribing to our Newsletter, you will receive regular updates and important information directly in your inbox.
In addition to our website, you can connect with us on various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, and Twitter. By following us on these platforms, you’ll have access to real-time updates, event highlights, behind-the-scenes content, and engaging discussions within our vibrant community.
We value your participation and look forward to sharing the excitement of the festival with you through our online channels. Join us on our website and social media platforms to stay connected and be a part of the ongoing conversations surrounding the International Eressos Women’s Festival.
What should I bring with me to the festival? Are there any specific recommendations or restrictions?
Here are some general recommendations for what to bring to the International Eressos Women’s Festival:
- Identification: Carry a valid form of identification, such as a passport or driver’s license, for identification purposes. They are also needed in case you wish to hire a scooter or car.
- Wristbands: Make sure to bring your festival voucher so you can pick-up your wristbands, as these will grant you access to the events and activities.
- Comfortable Clothing: Pack comfortable and weather-appropriate clothing, including layers for varying temperatures. Consider bringing a light jacket for the evenings, as they can be chilly in September.
- Footwear: Bring comfortable and closed shoes for walking and dancing, as well as sandals or flip-flops for beach outings.
- Personal Items: Carry essential personal items such as sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, insect repellent, and any necessary medications.
- Cash and Cards: It’s advisable to have some cash on hand for small purchases, as well as a debit or credit card for larger transactions. An ATM is available outside the Sappho Travel office.
- Camera/Phone: Capture memorable moments by bringing a camera or using your smartphone. However, be mindful of any photography restrictions or guidelines, in particular when posting them online.
- Backpack or Bag: Carry a small backpack or bag to keep your belongings organised and easily accessible.
As for specific restrictions, it’s not permitted to bring any illegal substances, weapons, or other items into any festival venues that may pose a threat to the safety and well-being of others.
Additionally, as our festival venue operates with a sponsored bar, it is not allowed to bring your own alcoholic beverages or soft-drinks into the open-air cinema.
Are there any nearby attractions or points of interest that I can explore during my visit to Eressos?
Skala Eressos and the surrounding area offer several attractions and points of interest for visitors to explore during their visit. Here are some notable places you may consider:
- Skala Eressos Beach: Enjoy the beautiful sandy beach located in Skala Eressos, where you can relax, swim, and soak up the sun.
- Eressos Village: Take a stroll through the charming village of Eressos, known for its traditional architecture, narrow streets, and local shops.
- Petrified Forest of Lesvos: Explore the Petrified Forest, a UNESCO Global Geopark located in nearby Sigri village, where you can see fascinating fossilised tree trunks dating back millions of years.
- Molivos (Mithymna): Visit the picturesque town of Molivos, known for its medieval castle, charming harbour, and traditional stone houses. It offers stunning views of the Aegean Sea.
- Pithari Monastery: Located near Eressos, Pithari Monastery is a historic and tranquil monastery nestled in a scenic setting. It offers a peaceful retreat and an opportunity to explore its beautiful architecture and religious significance.
These are just a few suggestions, and there are numerous other attractions and points of interest to explore in the region.
It’s recommended to consult with the local travel agency Sappho Travel for more specific recommendations and details based on your interests and preferences.
Is there a code of conduct or set of guidelines that participants are expected to follow during the festival?
At Sappho Women and the International Eressos Women’s Festival, we strive to create a safe, inclusive, and respectful environment for all participants. We expect everyone attending our events to adhere to the following Code of Conduct:
- Respect, Inclusion and Non-Discrimination: Treat all attendees, staff, volunteers, and participants with respect, regardless of their race, religion, colour, nationality, age, physical ability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Embrace diversity and foster an inclusive atmosphere where everyone feels valued and welcome. Avoid any form of discriminatory language or actions. Treat all participants equally and with dignity, promoting mutual respect and understanding.
- Harassment-Free Environment: Harassment, including verbal, physical, or sexual forms, is strictly prohibited. We are dedicated to providing a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. Violence, threats, and intimidation are not tolerated. Obtain explicit consent before engaging in any activity involving another person. Respect personal boundaries. Embrace collaboration and cooperation, supporting each other’s talents, skills, and ideas. Engage in constructive dialogue and foster a positive community experience.
- Responsible Behaviour: Act responsibly and consider the well-being of others. Refrain from disruptive or harmful behaviour that may jeopardise the safety or enjoyment of fellow participants. Respect privacy and do not disclose personal information without consent, including and not limited to posting photographs and videos on social media channels. Use alcohol and substances responsibly. All participants must comply with local laws and regulations.
- Environmental Responsibility: Respect the festival’s natural surroundings by avoiding littering and minimising environmental impact. To support recycling efforts, we have designated blue bins for recyclable materials. We encourage you to use these bins for disposing of recyclables such as plastic bottles, cans, and paper products. By working together, we can contribute to preserving the beauty of Skala Eressos and create a sustainable festival experience.
- Report Violations: Familiarise yourself with and abide by all festival policies, rules, and guidelines, including venue-specific regulations and event schedules. Report any violations of this code of conduct to festival staff or security personnel.
Failure to comply with this Code of Conduct may result in appropriate actions, including but not limited to warnings, expulsion from the festival premises without refund, or involvement of local authorities if necessary.
By participating in the International Eressos Women’s Festival, you agree to uphold this Code of Conduct and contribute to creating a safe and inclusive environment for everyone involved.
If you have any specific questions or need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to our dedicated support team.
You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out the contact form on our website.
We’re here to help and will respond to your inquiries as soon as possible.