Spend the day exploring the island of Lesvos
Explore the Island
The Jeep Safari is meant to introduce you to some of the hidden beauty of Lesvos Island, which is seldom seen by tourists. Truly unique and worth the exploration, the Jeep Safari offers you the opportunity to experience the changing nature of Lesvos from up close. You will be guided along a combination of soft asphalt and rural 'dirt' tracks, some of which can only be reached with our 4x4 Jeeps.
The Jeep Safari Includes
1) A visit to the Monastery of Pithari, which is settled amongst ancient trees in the mountains between Eressos and Andissa
2) A visit to some unique waterfalls, tucked deep away in the mountains between Eressos and Andissa (refreshment + possibility for a swim in the basin of the waterfalls)
3) A visit to the Monastery of Ypsylou, which is set in one of the most beautiful surroundings and offering panoramic views of the area
4) A visit to the Petrified Forest Park with its unique remains of 'tree trunks', formed millions of years ago when intense volcanic activity buried the oaks, sequoias and other trees of the region below ash.
5) A visit to Sigri Village with visit to the Petrified Forest Museum (lunch + possibility for a swim in Sigri's shallow waters)
6) Return to Skala Eressos via the rural coast road.
The maximum amount of attendents is 15, and the minimum is 7 for the Jeep Safari to take place.
The Jeep Safari is offered to you by local travel agent Sappho Travel, and they need to receive your reservations in advance: FULL = FULL, so make sure to reserve early!